In honor of Veteran’s Day this month, the Burcham PTA is joining a very special donation drive called Operation Rack Pack Barracks Project for soldiers returning from Afghanistan. We are asking Burcham students to bring to school one item from the list below. These items will be used to stock the rooms of over 450 soldiers returning to California in Dec. Help show our appreciation of their service to our Country.
Please donate ONE ITEM from the list below. If you’d like to donate more, please feel free to.
- Toiletries : shaving cream, lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, razors, shampoo
- $10 food/restaurant gift cards: Subway, Carl’s Jr., In & Out, Dominos, Chilli’s, etc.
- Snack foods: chips, protein bars, cookies, candy bars, microwaveable foods, popcorn, instant noodle cups, etc.
- Entertainment items: magazines (no older than 3 months), playing cards, DVDs, CDs, games, books, etc.
- Movie tickets: gift cards, iTunes cards, Netflix cards and Movie Theater cards
- Drinks: soda, water, dry drink mixes, Gatorade, coffee, Starbucks gift cards, etc.
- Towel sets: towels, hand towels and wash cloths
- Laundry detergent and hand soap
- Paper plates, plastic ware, and napkins
- Cleaning supplies and paper towels
- T-shirts, socks, and pillow cases
- Signs and cards are also welcome!
Please bring your donations to class by Tuesday, November 15th
This effort is being coordinated through Operation Help A Hero , a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization. Your donations may be tax deductible. Operation Help A Hero will happily issue tax receipts for your donations. Check them out online at www.operationhelpahero.org
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here